Hematologic cancers are complex malignancies that affect the blood, bone marrow, and lymph nodes. In most blood cancers, normal blood cell development is interrupted by uncontrolled growth of an abnormal type of blood cell that prevents your blood from performing many of its normal functions. There are three main types of blood cancer: leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.
With the assistance of immunophenotyping, cytogenetic and molecular genetic testing, it is understood that hematologic malignancies include a very large number of genetically diverse diseases and subtypes. With more than 100 different subtypes of leukemias and lymphomas, it is often considered challenging to diagnosis and differentiate the complex biology of blood cancers, especially with rare cancers.
NeoGenomics assists pathologists and oncologists in solving medical problems via three main ways.
- Our menu allows physicians to choose the level of detail and investigation each patient requires for diagnosis, prognosis, and/or therapy selection. From simple orders for standard guideline-recommended markers to multi-parameter assays incorporating novel discoveries, NeoGenomics provides clear, cost-effective, and efficient testing solutions that fit today’s needs.
- We can accommodate the needs of your medical practice’s specific situation through three levels of service: consult, global, and technical-only.
- We deliver results in a timely manner to ensure you can make prompt and appropriate therapeutic decisions for your patients.
Types of Hematologic Malignancies
There are three main types of blood cancer: leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.
New cases of leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma are expected to account for almost 10% of the estimated 1,806,590 new cancer cases diagnosed in the US in 2020.
In the US, an estimated 1,297,027 people are either living with, or are in remission from leukemia, lymphoma, or myeloma.
NeoGenomics Meets Your Testing Needs
NeoGenomics offers many testing options for hematologic disease to aid with diagnosis, prognosis, or treatment management, whether it’s genomic profiling, targeted testing, or a comprehensive multi-modal approach. Your testing needs can be customized for each patient no matter where they are on their cancer journey.
Some of the highlights of our test menu for hematologic disease include:
- NeoTYPE® Myeloid Disorders Profile – a comprehensive profiling of myeloid neoplasms, including AML, MPN, MDS, CML, CMML, and JMML, to aid in making therapy decisions, predicting prognosis, and clinical research.
- Minimal Residual Disease (MRD) Testing – an increasingly important tool in the management of hematologic cancers to assess initial treatment response, detect early risk of relapse, and monitor disease burden after stem cell transplantation. MRD Flow Panels can detect at the 0.01% level.
- COMPASS® Hematologic Services – a board-certified hematopathologist-directed diagnostic solution that renders an actionable and definitive diagnosis for complex hematologic malignancies. Acute cases are notified within 24 hours upon sample receipt.
- NeoTYPE Myeloid Disorders Profile
Minimal Residual Disease
- Flow Tests for B-ALL, CLL, and Myeloma
- PCR Tests for ALL and AML
- COMPASS Hematologic Services
* (Source: Cancer Facts & Figures 2020 American Cancer Society)